I love gadgets. I love gadgets that can provide a variety of functions. This Belkin NetCam HD brought to you by Verizon Wireless does quite a few things for different situations.
The biggest benefit to this Cam is that you don’t need to have it connected directly to a computer for it to work. So sitting this in a window sill, on a book shelf in the baby’s room, or having it or others set up while you are on vacation, you can see it all, anytime on your phone, tablet, or computer while you are away.
Setting it up was easy:
- Plug it into an AC Outlet where you want to set it up.
- Flip the switch in the back to the up position to start the set up
- Pick the device you want to use to monitor with, in this case I used my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 tablet.
- Download the NetCam app, and run it, it walks you through the process.
- Flip the switch back down to the monitoring mode, and you are all set.
Here is a screenshot of my work table for my art card collection, these are hand drawn art cards from various artists that I collect, I am working on scanning them all, and organizing them better. This is from the NetCam, and I was viewing it from my office in the other room, I was able to save the screenshot from my Galaxy Tab 3.
- Setting it up in the house as a nanny cam, to keep an eye on things as they are happening.
- Placing them in window sills to monitor the outside when kids are playing.
- Using it in the kitchen to record what you are doing to share or blog about.
- Great for hobbyists who might like to record the opening of collectible card boxes or cases to broadcast later.
- Use it for security for when you are away.
- Can be used for keeping an eye on those family members of the pet kind as well!
You can set up alerts when it detects motion, so if you are say on vacation, and not that I would want it to happen, a break-in would occur, it would alert you the motion, and you can hit a button on the app, to start recording what it sees.
While the Belkin NetCam has a nice flared base, that does offer great support, and that the camera can be positioned in an angle you desire, the only thing I could think of that would make it better is the ability to use a suction cup to attach it directly to windows, or other surfaces where just sitting it on something would not suit your needs.