AT&T Unite Mobile Hotspot$79.99 or Less
Easy To Setup9.8/10
Easy to Use9.9/10
Can Rollover Unused Data (No)8.4/10
- Can connect up to 10 devices
- Up to 10 hours of Battery Life
- Easy to Use
- 4G/4GLTE (where available)
- Guest WiFI - Create temporary network for one-time users
- Protects your Passworld this way
- Plans can get costly if you plan to use a lot of Data
- Data does not roll over, if you don't use it in the 30 days alloted
AT&T Unite by NETGEAR Review. A 4G/4G LTE Mobile Hotspot Device that can get you WiFi Service (where available). I was given a wonderful opportunity to review the AT&T Unite by NetGear. Have you ever been somewhere where there is no WiFi or checked into a Hotel and they say we charge extra for the internet? Well, you don’t have to worry about that happening again if you have this compact device with you.
As a blogger, even when I am vacation there are going to be times that I need service somewhere and doing it on my phone is next to impossible with clipping and pasting, and trying to write a whole article. So something like this comes in handy for me, especially when it is time critical, and information has to get shared!
The unit I received was white (retail units that people buy are black like the one in the featured image above), and I was also provided with a $25 Refill and Go Card in order to do the review. All opinions are my own however, and they are pretty good ones to boot! These are the same refill cards that are used with their prepaid phones, but in this case you are just using it for the data.
- No Annual Contract
- No Credit Check
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Intuitive Touchscreen
- 4G LTE (where available)
- Guest WiFi – lets you create a second WiFi network for one-time users
Key Benefits of Having the AT&T Unite by NETGEAR
- Available and Reliable – Why try to find places with public WiFi, or slow connections?
- Easy to Use – Easy to set up, Screen gives you usage information and connections at a glance.
- Secure AT&T Network, Password Protection, and the ability to give someone a guest password, for a one time use, and not having to share your own “main” password.
- Hassle Free Mobile WiFi (where available) – no contract, no credit check, and buy data when you need it.
With having a WiFi hotspot device like this, you might find that you will have a lot more friends if people see you using it. But since it is a prepaid mobile hotspot, maybe you can get people to pitch in and help pay for the refill cards, because you will definitely have to keep an eye on the data being used.
But let’s just talk about family. Maybe you are on a road trip, and you are driving. Maybe your spouse wants to watch something on Netflix, or the kids might just want to play games over the internet, or chat with their friends because they just saw the worlds largest ketchup bottle or something like that. Up to 10 people can do that at the same time! And if you have that many children I applaud you, and give you credit, this might help keep them occupied for those long trips.
Some other ideas on how to use it:
- Keep the kids entertained during road trips and on vacation.
- Skype with the grandkids while traveling.
- Use it to have an internet connection while taking payments with a tablet.
- Have backup internet for when there is storms or other outages.
You can estimate your monthly usage needs here. Check out the different rate plans below.
2GB of Data/30 Days and add more: $10/500MB ($25 Monthly)
60 hours web surfing, 2,000 social media posts, 3,200 emails
5GB of Data/30 Days and add more: $10/1GB ($50 Monthly)
15 hours streaming video, 100 hours streaming music, 1,800 emails
8GB of Data/30 Days and add more: $10/2GB ($75 Monthly)
40 hours streaming video, 12,000 emails, 92 hours web surfing, 2,000 social media posts
So what is my overall impression of this gadget? I love it. To have mobile WiFi whenever you need it, wherever you need it is an awesome feeling. With a AT&T Unite Mobile Hotspot that can make sure you can accept that payment at the craft show, or selling stuff at the flea market, to entertaining the kids on long car rides, or making sure you can publish that article if you are a blogger like me. You can pick up your own AT&T Unite WiFi hotspot device at places like Amazon, Walmart and Best Buy.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."