Here you will find information on services I provide, and the fees associated with them. I am also including information regarding my social media reach, companies I have worked with, and any additional information including a way to contact me with questions, or products and services you would like handled.
I am located in Brunswick, Ohio about 20 minutes south of Cleveland. Other than my years in the Military I have always lived in Ohio, and will remain to do so, unless I get an offer to take an inter-dimensional trip across the Galaxy! I am a veteran of the U.S. Army, and served in Desert Storm/Desert Shield. I attained the rank of Corporal, the first Non-Commissioned Officer Rank.
I am also a retired 24+ Year Career Paramedic, I have worked for private ambulance companies, Emergency Rooms, Intensive Care Units, worked with Cleveland EMS (Third Party) for the citizens of Cleveland, Ohio, and in the last 5 years, in Occupational Medicine. I retired after injuries throughout my life finally caught up to me, and became too much to overcome. Just to fill you in on my determination, in October of 1998, while working with Cleveland EMS, I had a 3800 pound passenger van fall on me during a rescue. After 1 year of the worst pain I came back to work (with pain still) and worked another 13 years, till I couldn't take the pain anymore. So now I own and edit Tom's Take On Things, my portal into my world, wanting to share it with everyone else.
My blog focuses on the Military, Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics, Veterans, Travel (mostly road trips), Technology, Games, Toys, Computers, Video Games, iOS and Android Apps and Games, Gadgets, and Novelty Items. I also blog about Entertainment, TV, and Movies and Art. This blog is for everyone to Paramedics, Nurses, Housewives, Contest Junkies, Everyday People, from all over the world. Most of my traffic is from the United States and Canada right now, but I hope to span much farther. Some hobbies that I love that I also share reviews for are custom hand drawn art cards (ACEO) and hand drawn Comic Book Covers, Sci-fi/Horror/Adventure movies, collectibles, vintage globes, chess and a handful of other interesting subjects with more to come.
Tom's Take On Things Current Stats
2500 Email Subscribers
107,400+ Facebook Fans for Tom's Take On Things
25,000+ Twitter Followers on @medictom
10,222 Pinterest Followers at http://www.pinterest.com/medictom/
850+ Google Plus Followers Tom Shewbridge
1,200+ Followers on Instagram for medicxtreme
1,200+ Subscribers on Youtube
Klout Score: 68
5 Reasons to Work with Tom’s Take On Things
- I am easy to work with, and work to accomplish "Your" goals.
- I have experience with writing quality articles that thoroughly and fairly describes products that I review.
- Have a group of bloggers that I can count on to help promote giveaways that I run, that reach potential customers in all areas of social media.
- I strive every day to make my blog a place to visit, interact with, and be the best it can be.
- Basically, I rock!
Tom’s Take On Things Authors
Tom Shewbridge Owner/Admin of Tom's Take On Things
List of Companies I Have Worked With
- Best Buy
- Best Buy Mobile
- Verizon Wireless
- Fossil Watches
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
- Shout Factory
- George J. Howe Candy and Snack Co.
- Medical Gear Outfitters
- First My Family
- Stencils Online
- Fix Me Stick
- Shark Vacuum
- Dropcam Pro
- Keter Tools
- Trinity International Products
- Upper Desk
- Clore Automotive
- Loot Crate
- Kelvin Tools
- Gerber Gear Tools
- Nerd Block Subscription Box
- Entertainment Earth
- Kidde Fire Safety
- Corbe Company
- Wow Toys
- The Bagster (Waste Management)
- Kala Pocket Sundials
- The Pink Monogram
- Reductivist (RingTool)
- Trusted Health Products
- Superior Source
- 12 Survivors
- Play MG
- Rapid Ramen
- 80's Tees
- Coffee Cup Software
- Urban Armor Gear
- Lee Jeans
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Life Gear
- AT&T Wifi and Netgear
- Phone Soap
Associations and Group Memberships
- Social Stars
- Walmart Ambassador (2014-2015)
- Best Buy Brand Ambassador (2015)
Awards and Recognition
- Meritorious Service Medal (U.S. Army)
- Army Achievement Medal
- Good Conduct Medal (U.S. Army)
- Army Service Ribbon
- Overseas Service Ribbon
- Southwest Asia Service Medal (Desert Storm/Desert Shield)
- City of Cleveland Meritorious Service Award (Cleveland EMS, Cleveland Ohio)
- Rotary Club of Cleveland Medal of Valor (while working at Cleveland EMS)
Reviews, Sponsored Posts, Giveaways, and More
Things I review: Gadgets, Computers, Tablets, Games, Computer Games, Console Games, Apps for iOS and Android, Tech Related, Toys, Electronics, Travel Related Services/Products, Medical Gadgets/Services/Products, EMT/Paramedic related items, Hobby related items, anything with Horror or Sci-Fi including (movies, games, toys) etc.., Local Events to (Cleveland, Akron, Brunswick, Strongsville, Columbus, Sandusky or other areas in Ohio), Travel/Food/Lodging to other destinations and more.
Here is a compilation of different types of posts, work, projects, reviews, and giveaways that I do. Please contact me for pricing as each event is determined by the amount of work involved, the time it takes to do, and any follow up work that might be required after.
- Sponsored Post: Pre-Written, or Guest Post (Material must be somewhat Blog Related, I have final approval on what gets published on my blog)
- Sponsored Post: Written by me, has extra costs because of time involved (Material must be somewhat Blog Related, I have final approval on what gets published on my blog)
- I am interested in doing reviews of products that would appeal to the readers and followers of this site, I am however open to all inquires and will make a decision based on my experience with the product, or its effectiveness in achieving something my readers will be interested in.
- Product must be a full size, or non-returnable product to be shipped at company’s expense. I ask for 2-5 weeks to give the product an adequate review and to be sure that the comments made are accurate and true when writing the review. All reviews will be of my own opinions, and not to be influenced by the company. If I cannot give a fair and good review of the product or find something wrong that may be detrimental to the review, I will send you a copy of it prior to publishing to determine if you wish to continue.
- I will include links to your website, facebook page, twitter, and pictures of the product that are either submitted or taken by me.
- Giveaways associated with reviews are always welcome, giveaway item must be same in nature to item being review (colors/sizes vary of course). Giveaway item must be full sized, and shipped at company’s expense to winner which will be selected via random.org in the RaffleCopter or Giveaway Tools widget.
- Giveaways can be done depending on Sponsors requests, i.e. US only, US and Canada, or Worldwide.
- Giveaways will be promoted as best as possible through other bloggers when possible. This increases exposure, and gets your name and product out to many sources.
- Fees are dependent upon amount of time involved, and amount of the prize.
- If you wish to purchase space in the top banner, or on the right side of my page, contact me for rates. At this time all reasonable offers will be considered, and as I grow that policy might change to established rates, contact me for further information if interested.
- If you are looking for Facebook Posts, Giveaways on Facebook, Twitter Giveaway, Tweets, Pinning an image to Pinterest, and more in other social media, feel free to contact me about options and rates.