Before I met my wife, Michelle, I had only been to a couple of states in the United States. I had been to more countries in the World thanks to the U.S. Army, than I had states. Now that we have been together, we have taken road trips over the past 12 years, and have been through some states as we have traveled. So what states have we been to, or at least drove through? Check them out below.
So obviously there is Ohio, since that is where I live. Other states we have stayed in or driven to, include:
- New York
- West Virginia (we went to Mountaineer Park Casino)
- Illinois (my sister Tammy lives there)
- Missouri (we did some cave exploring there)
- Wisconsin (only drove through, but we should have got some cheese!)
- Minnesota (we went to the Mall of America)
- Iowa (we visited the shop on the show American Pickers, so much fun!)
- Texas (stayed there while on way to Vegas)
- New Mexico
- Nevada (I took her to Las Vegas on a road trip)
We would love to complete our State Magnet collection, whether going to the state to do something, or at least driving through it briefly to say we were there. While I think we will never get to Hawaii, although you never know, I think realistically we are going to try and reach Alaska too, I so want to go there to see the glaciers and mountains, but there are many states that have things that we want to see or do.
So how many states have you been to? Share your thoughts and answers below!